Kenya Kianjege Peaberry
|60 KG BAG
About This Coffee
Kianjege wetmill is one of two factories operated by Kibirigwi Farmers’ Cooperative Society Limited based in Karatina, Kirinyaga county. The co-op works with over over 1,200 local smallholder farmers cultivating an average of 1 acre of land at altitudes between 1,600 and 1,700masl.
Kibirigwi FCS is one of the oldest societies in kenya with a great history of crop husbandry and coffee processing.
|Kirinyaga County, Central highlands
|1600m - 1700m
|Ruiru 11, SL28, SL34
|KEN CA WA PB
|60 KG BAG
|Grain Pro / Ecotact
Kirinyaga county borders Nyeri, lying between the Eastern base of the Aberdare (Nyandarua) Range, which forms part of the Eastern end of the Great Rift Valley, and the Western slopes of Mt. Kenya. Nyeri town (county headquarters) acts as a destination for those visiting Aberdare National Park and Mt. Kenya.
The combination of fertile soil, seasonal rainfall and high altitude provide the ideal climate for coffees characterised by high acidity, full body and ripe fruit flavours. Due to the cool temperatures at altitude, particularly at night time, coffees from Nyeri tend develop and mature slowly producing very dense, hard beans high in acidity and complexity.
The coffee is wet processed, where the fully ripe cherries are:
• Fermented for 12 - 48 hours (depending on climatic conditions)
• Dried slowly over 2 - 3 weeks on raised African beds until the moisture content is reduced to 10-12%.
The coffee is then processed at Othaya dry mill where it is rested in parchment for 3 weeks before being hulled, cleaned and graded by bean size. Finally, the coffee is carefully handpicked before being bagged in GrainPro for export from Mombasa.
- Subregion Kirinyaga County, Central highlands
- Producer Type Washing Station
- Wet Mill Kianjege
- Processing Washed
- Bag Types Grain Pro / Ecotact
- Plant Species Arabica
- Variety Ruiru 11, SL28, SL34
- Min Growing Altitude 1600m
- Max Growing Altitude 1700m
- On Sale No
- Top Lot No
- Price Per Kg £8.50
- Status Spot
- Coffee Grade KEN CA WA PB
- CTRM Contract Number P8002050-16
- Origin Kenya
- Warehouse Vollers Group Uk